Dr. George Ozoude is the medical director and leading orthopedic surgeon at Movement Orthopaedic Institute. He is a board-certified and fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon with specialized training in sports medicine, and he’s widely considered to be one of the country’s leading experts in minimally invasive arthroscopy and the diagnosis and treatment of orthopedic conditions.
- 1996-2000 | Pre-Medical Program Graduate from Hillcrest High School in Jamaica, New York
- 2000-2004 | Bachelor of Science from Saint John’s University
- 2004-2008 | Medical degree from University of Illinois-Chicago College of Medicine
- 2008-2013 | Residency in Orthopaedic Surgery from the University of Illinois-Chicago
- 2013-2014 | Fellowship in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine at Baylor College of Medicine
- AAOS – American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- AOSSM – Association of Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine
- AANA – Arthroscopy Association of North America
- FMMA – Free Market Medical Association
- ANPA – Association of Nigerian Physicians in America
Honors & Awards:
- Robert D. Ray Award for Basic Orthopaedic Research, University of Illinois-Chicago, 2013
- Alpha Omega Alpha Resident/Fellow Clinical Teaching Award, 2008-2009
Board Certification from the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons
Dr. George Ozoude is board-certified in orthopedic medicine from the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons. Because of his board certification, athletes and patients in Houston can rest assured that they have access to the highest standards of orthopedic care available.
To obtain board certification, Dr. Ozoude had to complete a four-year undergraduate degree, a four-year medical degree, advanced residency and fellowship training in orthopedic surgery and orthopedic sports medicine, and take complex examinations to demonstrate his expertise.
Dr. Ozoude must stay abreast of the latest developments in orthopedic surgery to maintain his certification. As such, You can be assured that your treatments will always be based on the latest scientific advancements and innovations.